What is there not to love about summer?
From the ice cold drinks to enjoying the warm sunshine on the beach, summer is just that great time of the year that reminds us all of the upcoming festive season and holidays.
However, one big issue that we commonly face in this warmer weather is the annoying bugs and insects that come along with it. So instead of polluting the air at home with conventional and toxic pest repellents, we will be providing you with a simple 4-part DIY series to create a safer, toxin free pest control environment for your family.
Part ONE is all about prevention.
- WIPE down countertops and other kitchen surfaces with Resparkle’s Organic Kitchen and Multi Surface Cleaner to remove odors and food particles
- TRANSFER dry goods to sealed jars or containers
- USE a trash can with a lid
- RINSE juice containers, sauce jars, etc. before putting them in the recycling bin.
- MAKE SURE drains are clear from leftover food.
Pour 1/2 cup of baking soda then 1/2 cup of vinegar down the drain. After 5 minutes, pour boiling water to clear everything out.