WEEK #2 – REALITY CHECK (15-21ST NOVEMBER
It’s week two of the Countdown and time to consider the darker side of the holiday season. Though we may not be conscious of them, hidden holiday forces work to over-run our budgets and alter our decision-making. Not to worry! Coming face to face with the reality of outside pressures will make us stronger and empower us to say ‘no’ if and when required.
TO DO THIS WEEK
1) Make a holiday budget – work together with your spouse to set a comfortable level of holiday spending
+ Create a list/budget for each category; Groceries (incl Drinks), Decorations, Gifts (bought & DIY),
+ Cards/Wrapping/Postage, Travel, Spending Money and Other
+ Remove any items that you may already have from last year
+ Allocate a budget for each item
+ Do a little research for big ticket items online or in sales catalogues – see if you can save yourself a bit of dosh
+ Transfer overall totals for each category to your Master Budget. This will give you an overall picture of your outlays.
+ Continue to rework until you are comfortable with your overall budget
2) Divide your gift list up into five and aim to buy one fifth of your gifts each week (you don’t want to be rushing around with everyone else in week seven). The gifts that require posting need to be purchased and sent out this week!!!!
3) Write up the Christmas cards & get them out
4) Check out the family wardrobe and put any “To Buy” items on your budget and shopping list
5) Schedule family haircut appointments
STAY TRUE TO YOUR VALUES & YOUR BUDGET
To help you with your planning, please see downloads below.
See you next week for Week #3 – Gifts and Giving
WANT SOME GIFT INSPIRATION?
Check out these wonderful businesses, doing wonderful things for You, Your Family and the Planet.
- DNA Elements
- Simple as That
- 100% Pure
- Jacqueline Evans
- Luk Beautifood Lipstick
- Nourished Life: One-stop for non-toxic skincare, cosmetics & home-care products.
- Grants of Australia
- Weleda Hair-care
GO PLASTIC FREE
- 4 My Earth: Lunch boxes, Food Wraps & all things non-plastic
- Biome Eco Store
- Bhumi Organic Cotton : Bedsheets, Quilts, Towels, Throws.
- Pure Baby: Organic baby clothes
Food for Every Day Health
- Matcha Maiden : 100% pure organic green tea leaves ground into powder. Up to 137 times the antioxidants of regular green tea!
- Remedy Kombucha: A super healthy alternative to frizzy drinks!
- Whole Kids: Healthy snacks for kids and adults too!
Resparkle of course! We’re the only home-care brand in Australia that is truly 100% natural and hold a organic certification by NASAA.
There you have it. All you need to KEEP CALM & QUIT CHEMICALS.