Just as we have mentioned in the previous post, we understand how difficult it is to find safe food and snacks for kids with food allergies or food intolerance.
So here’s another healthy snack recipe for your little ones that is easy to put together at home!
Gluten Free Chocolate Biscuits recipe, specially contributed by Lisa from Happy Tummies.
½ cup (45g) desiccated coconut
½ cup (70g) sorghum
½ cup (60g) arrowroot starch
¼ cup (30g) cacao powder
1 tsp xanthan gum (or guar gum)
100g rapadura sugar (or sweetener of choice)
pinch of salt
40g coconut oil, solid (place in freezer for a few minutes if not solid)
3 tbsps (60mls) cold water from the fridge
- Pre-heat oven to 170° C
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Grind together all dry ingredients in a food processor (if using a Thermomix grind on speed 9 for 10 secs)
- Add solid coconut oil and blitz for a few seconds until it resembles breadcrumbs (if using a Thermomix mix on speed 5 for 5 secs)
- Add cold water and mix again until thoroughly combined and nice and smooth (if using a Thermomix combine on speed 5 for 5 secs, scrape down and repeat if necessary)
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until cooked
- Leave to cool on the tray (if you can…..)
For your free handy baking chart and something special from Happy Tummies, click here.